This is a Chilean-sourced cabernet from California's Laurel Glen. The winemaker's name is Patrick Campbell. His Lifelong Obsession with Che reveals his Stubborn Egalitarian Streak. The wine is "not currently in general distribution" -- ah no? -- even though it's intended to appeal to "wine lovers with a social conscience."
Well, I have one of those, too. Here are more Laurel Glen wines, in case you feel like boycotting the whole line.
- 2004 Laurel Glen Estate Cabernet, Sonoma Mountain
- 2005 Counterpoint, Estate Cabernet Sonoma Mountain
- 2007 Reds, Lodi
- 2007 ZaZin, Old Vine Zinfandel, Lodi
- 2007 Terra Rosa, Malbec, Argentina
- 2007 Terra Divina Old Vine Malbec Valle de Uco
- 2006 Vale la Pena, Malbec, Mendoza
Are the wines any good? Are part of the proceeds of this one donated to some precious little charity? Are we being fair? Do we give a shit?
Due thanks to Robin Garr's Wine Lover's Page, and its e-mail "30-second wine adviser," for alerting me, in the most cheery and complacent terms, to the existence of the product. I've unsubscribed from that, too.
"Che Guevera exposed: the Killer on the Lefties' t shirts," by Humberto Fontova, at Town Hall.com