Monday, January 20, 2014

2006 Tangley Oaks cabernet sauvignon


Lot 10, Napa
Rutherford, California

Clear bright ruby
as usual with cabernets, near scentless
light -- could this be subtlety?
smoke and berries come through later
acidic along the tongue -- little tannin
(label claims "firm tannin" -- we think not)
next day, butter -- meat -- licorice

Retail, about $17

This wine wants a steak to accompany it, I think. But I have also gotten into the habit of pairing all my wines, of an evening, with a few crackers and a few slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. The plain creaminess of the cheese and the salty richness of the crackers (I'm a fan of Town House wheat myself) seems to flatter whatever is in the glass. In this case, something very elegant and so tasty.

Tangley Oaks winery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ...

Escape hatch

Pardon a repeat of Feb. 2019, won't you? Warning! I've recently found out Blogger might be about to go the way of the dinosaurs. Sp...